Welcome to MJ Performing Arts Academy!
Spring Session: January 11th – June 6th
Closed: March 22nd – 28th (Spring Break), May 31st (Memorial Day)
Recital Weekend: June 5th – 6th
If you are receiving this email, you or your child has been enrolled in a Spring Session class, OR has been added to our waitlist. You will need to login to your family Jackrabbit account to update any billing or contact information. If you registered online for this class; you have already completed the physical fitness waiver. If you enrolled via phone or in person; you will need to login and complete the updated fitness waiver ASAP.
A link to the Customer portal is at the bottom of this email.
***Your Login ID is your Email Address (to which we sent this email).***
You can request a new password by clicking the “I don’t know my password” link. If you have any trouble logging in or need assistance, don’t hesitate to call the studio at (314) 968-3903 or email us at email@example.com. We will gladly guide you through it. This online system will continue to help keep class prices low, allow for efficient hassle free billing, and save some trees in the long run. Sorry, we do not accept checks or cash.
Tuition payments will be split into 5 automatic payments. Transactions will be charged to the credit card we have on file: January 11th for 3 weeks of class, February 1st, and March 1st will be for 4 weeks of classes. Your March 29th and May 3rd payment will be for 5 weeks of classes. Please make sure you have an updated card on file with us. There is a one time annual registration fee of $25.00. A $5.00 late fee will be charged to your account for declined credit cards. Please keep your card up to date in our system. We will apply a $10.00 credit to your tuition for new referrals! Limit of 3 per session. There is a 5% tuition discount for multiple family members or for multiple classes.
If your student or anyone in your family has been exposed to Covid-19 or is sick in any way please, please, please do NOT bring your student to class. We have expanded Zoom capabilities and we are happy to Zoom your student in to class until you are sure it is safe for them to come to the studio. Our communities health is reliant on us all being honest, careful, and compassionate so that we don’t spread germs unnecessarily.
Drop off/Pick up:
Our Lobby is closed to parents and anyone not participating in class for the time being, so that students can stay socially distant in the hallways. Please arrive to drop off your student at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start time for your student’s class. This will allow time to change shoes, put away bags, use the restroom, etc. At drop off all students will have their temperature taken with a no-touch thermometer by a Front Desk attendant and will be offered hand sanitizer. Also, please arrive for pick-up at least 5 minutes before the scheduled end time for your student’s class. Due to the large volume of students arriving and leaving simultaneously, we cannot be responsible for individual dancers after their class is over.
There will be a maximum of 9 students in classes in Room 1 and 3, and a maximum of 8 in Room 2. We have taped boxes on all studio floors and Ballet Barre’s in order to clearly ensure social distancing. Our Lobby has been divided with tape to give every dancer a specific space to put their bags, shoes, and water bottles.
Please have your dancers ready to go at drop off! This means they are dressed with the appropriate shoes ready in their bag, their hair is pulled back, and they have their face mask ready to go. Face masks are required for all students and staff ages 3 and up. Masks are optional but highly recommended for ages 3-5. While our lobby is closed Teachers and Front Desk Staff will assist students in putting their shoes on, using the restroom, and entering classrooms.
What to Wear to Class:
Acro – Face mask, Gymnastics leotard, gymnastics shorts optional, no tights, acro shoes. Arms and legs must be exposed for safe spotting. Hair pulled back. Black acro shoes are required and are available to purchase at the front desk.
Adult Classes – Face Mask, Any tight fitting athletic attire. Pink ballet shoes are required for specific class and are available for purchase at the front desk. Barefeet for aerial. Hair must be pulled back.
Aerial Silks Dance- Face Mask, Any tight fitting athletic attire. Tight pants or capris are recommended. Barefeet. Hair must be pulled back.
Ballet – Face Mask, Leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled back in bun or ponytail. Pink ballet shoes are required and are available for purchase at the front desk.
Ballroom – Face Mask, Any tight fitting athletic attire. Tight pants or capris are recommended. Pink ballet shoes or nude jazz shoes are required and are available for purchase at the front desk. Hair must be pulled back.
Cheer – Face Mask, Any tight fitting athletic attire with white cheer sneakers. Arms and legs must be exposed for safe spotting. Hair pulled back. White cheer sneakers are required and are available for purchase at the front desk.
Contemporary/Modern – Face Mask, Leotard, shorts/capris, convertible tights optional. Hair pulled back. Barefeet.
Dance Team Prep – Face Mask, Leotard, tights, dance shorts, nude jazz shoes. Hair pulled back. Nude jazz shoes are required and are available for purchase at the front desk.
Hip Hop – Face Mask, Shorts/capris, tank tops/t shirts, barefeet. Please no jeans or hats. Hair pulled back tight.
Jazz – Face Mask, Leotard, tights, dance shorts, nude jazz shoes. Hair pulled back. Nude jazz shoes are required and are available for purchase at the front desk.
Ninja – Face Mask, Shorts, tank/t-shirt. Arms and ankles must be exposed for safe spotting. No jeans. Barefeet.
Preschool Creative –Leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes. Hair must be pulled back in bun or ponytail. Pink ballet shoes are required and are available for purchase at the front desk.
Preschool Gymnastics –Gymnastics leotard, gymnastics shorts optional, barefeet. Hair pulled back tight.
Preschool Hip Hop –Shorts/capris, tank tops/t shirts, barefeet. Please no jeans or hats. Hair pulled back tight.
Special Needs Music & Movement – Face Mask, Non-restrictive comfortable clothing. No jeans. Hair pulled back. Barefeet.
Tap –Face Mask, Leotard, dance shorts, tights, black tap shoes. Hair pulled back. Black tap shoes are required and are available for purchase at the front desk.
Tap/Ballet –Face Mask, Leotard, dance shorts, tights, pink ballet shoes, and black tap shoes. Hair pulled back. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes are required and are available to purchase at the front desk.
Technique/Tech –Face Mask, Leotard, dance shorts optional. Black acro, pink ballet or nude jazz shoes. Hair pulled back.
Tots on the Move -Leotard with shorts/leggings, or tank/t-shirt with shorts/leggings. Barefeet.
Tumbling –Face Mask, Gymnastics leotard, gymnastics shorts, barefeet. Hair pulled back tight.
Yoga – Face Mask, Any tight fitting athletic attire. Tight pants or capris are recommended. Barefeet. Hair must be pulled back. Personal yoga mat is optional.
No outside shoes will be allowed in the classrooms. Please bring your shoes for class with you and wait to put them on until you are inside the studio. Please do not walk across the parking lot in your dance shoes. We’ve installed professional quality dance floors in all the classrooms. The dirt and debris brought in from outside shoes will damage the integrity of the floors which could lead to safety issues for our dancers.
Acro, Ballet, Cheer, Jazz and Tap shoes (which are required for specific class) are available for purchase at the front desk. We will be sizing shoes for those that do not yet have them the first two weeks of class. Please come early to your first class so we can size your student without disrupting their class time.
Water Fountain Closed:
Our water fountain will be closed for the time being. Please send your dancer with a water bottle for class!
You will be notified via text and/or email if classes are cancelled.
If classes are cancelled by MJPAA, a make-up date will be scheduled for the class. As a rule, we cannot refund or prorate classes due to an individual dancer’s absences.
To drop out of a class and avoid future tuition payments, we must have a written request to drop from a class via email prior to tuition dates. We cannot refund tuition.
It’s recital week, woohoo! We are looking forward to sharing our performances with you this weekend. Here a few reminders-
If you or a loved one needs a handicap accessible entrance to the Amphitheater to watch the show on Sunday, please let us know! We will reserve your seats and give you specific instructions for entry!
Recital T- Shirts will be available to order this weekend! Fill out a T-Shirt Order form in person at Dress Rehearsal or Recital. The order form is attached here if you would like to print it out and bring it with you. We will charge for DVD’s via your Jackrabbit once we have received all order forms. Attachment: Into The Wild- T Shirt Order Form.pdf
DVD’s are available to order! Please let us know by June 14th via email if you would like to order a DVD. We will charge for DVD’s via your Jackrabbit.
Group and Solo photos are available to order! You must let us know by 6pm June 4th if you would like to order Solo photos. We will charge for photos via your Jackrabbit.
Dress Rehearsal and Showtimes are as follows:
- Dress Rehearsal: June 5th
- Recital: June 6th, 3 shows, 11am (A), 4pm (B), 6pm (C)
- Location: Lions Amphitheater
- We ask that parents stay in the park for the 45 minutes of the dress rehearsal, please do not drop-off dancers. If dancers are finished early, we will release them early.
- We have included the corresponding accessories, hair style, masks, shoes, and tights for each class. Please review the attachment and let us know if you have any questions. Attachment:
Attachment: 2021 Recital- Costumes, Tights, Accesorries.pdf (134.7kB)
Dress Rehearsal and Show Information :
Saturday, June 5th – Dress Rehearsal at Lions Amphitheatre
- Call Times. Please check the attachment above for specific call times. There are 6 different groups from 10:45am-2:45pm.
- Please have dancers stage ready when you arrive for dress rehearsal. This means: wearing costumes and tights (if applicable), hair and accessories done, mask on and dance shoes in labeled bag. Students should wear their street shoes to the park and carry their dance shoes with them in the provided bag labeled with their name.
- If your dancer is in multiple performances, extra costumes/shoes MUST be labeled, on a hanger, and in a garment bag to hang in the wardrobe area. Staff will assist all costume changes during Dress Rehearsal.
- Make-up is not necessary for the recital. Our dancers are all natural beauties and do not need any makeup.
- Follow the signs to student drop off. There will also be staff present to help guide you. Please sign your dancers in at the table. We ask that parents stay in the park for the 45 minutes of the dress rehearsal, please do not drop-off dancers. If dancers are finished early, we will release them early.
- Class pictures will be taken immediately after each class leaves the stage. Please make sure your dancer has his/her hair done for dress rehearsal and all costume accessories. This photo will be displayed in the studio and is a commemorative piece. Please let us know by June 4th at 6pm if you would like to order Solo photos. Solo Photos will be taken immediately after Group photos.
- Once your dancer is through with group pictures, you are free to leave. Dancers will be picked up from the entry to the amphitheater. Please do not leave the park as dancers may be done early.
- MJPAA staff are responsible for any costume changes during the dress rehearsal if in multiple routines.
Sunday, June 6th – Recital at Kirkwood Amphitheater
- Dancers will be dropped off in the same space used for dress rehearsal. Please have your dancers stage ready when you drop them off. If your dancer is in multiple performances, extra costumes/shoes MUST be labeled, on a hanger, and in a garment bag to hang in the wardrobe area. Staff will assist all costume changes during recital.
- Recital A Call Time – 10:15am
- Recital B Call Time – 3:15pm
- Recital C Call Time- 5:30pm
- Seating will open for the theatre at the same time as the dancers’ call times. Each show will start promptly, so please allow enough time to find yourself a seat in the theatre. Seating is first come, first serve.
- Everyone must have a ticket to enter the theatre.
- Please plan to wear you mask while in the amphitheater. While we will be outside, because this is a large event we ask that you mask up to continue protecting your neighbor!
- After the recital, we will dismiss classes one-by-one from the stage. Please only send one parent forward to collect your dancer from the stage. We will dismiss in finale order.
The Recital is at the Lions Amphitheater, within Kirkwood Park. The address is 574 W Adams Ave Kirkwood, MO 63122.
From Webster Groves, you should head West on I-44. Take Exit 279 onto S. Berry Rd. Turn Right onto S. Berry Rd. Turn Left onto W. Lockwood Ave. From Lockwood Ave, the correct turn into the park is on your left in 2.3 miles. Once you have entered the park, take the road to the right into the parking lot. At the end of the parking lot, you will see the entrance to the Amphitheater. Look for the signs and balloons! There will also be staff present to guide you and your dancer to the check-in table.
Tickets and Photos
Tickets are still available via Tutu Tix. Tickets must be purchased online via Tututix. We will be taking individual and group pictures at the dress rehearsal on June 5th.